Why do I need travel insurance?
You have to cancel a trip last-minute.
Travel insurance can reimburse you for your prepaid, non-refundable trip costs — including vacation rentals, car rentals, hotels and flights — if you have to cancel for a covered reason.
Travel delays leave you stranded.
Travel insurance can reimburse you for eligible meals, accommodation and transportation expenses during a covered delay.
You get sick or hurt when you're far from home.
Travel insurance can reimburse you for care following a covered medical emergency while traveling. We can even arrange and pay for a medical evacuation if needed.
Fender-benders are unavoidable.
Renting a car means taking on a big financial risk; even a tiny scrape can cost you hundreds. Low-priced rental car insurance lets you drive worry-free.
You need help in a hurry.
Whether you're planning a week-long road trip or a weekend getaway, you never know what might happen. Travel insurance gives you access to our 24-Hour Assistance hotline for expert, personalized support in a crisis.
Whether you have us book your travel insurance through the cruise line or with our preferred supplier, please contact us for more information. 1-800-461-6206
Norwegian Cruise Line Insurance
Any vacation should be hassle free, and worry free. Like every other part of your cruise with us, we make it easy to relax and do nothing but look forward to a great vacation. We know travel plans can be disrupted by the unforeseen, so we are pleased to offer BookSafe Travel Protection.
We Have You Covered
CANCEL FOR ANY REASON
You're covered for trip cancellation, trip interruption and trip delay.
BookSafe provides reimbursement for the prepaid, non-refundable, unused portion of your vacation should you need to cancel or interrupt your vacation due to unexpected illness, injury, job termination and other covered reasons as listed in the plan. The plan also covers additional out-of-pocket expenses for meals and accommodation, as well as for travel expenses to catch up to the vacation due to covered travel delays.
Best of all, if your reason for cancellation is not covered for reimbursement under the plan, we provide you with a credit for a future cruise.
BookSafe provides coverage for loss, theft, damage or delay of your luggage and personal belongings brought with you on the cruise.
Medical Expenses & Transportation
BookSafe reimburses medical expenses incurred as a result of illness or injury that occurs during your vacation. The plan also provides emergency medical transportation coverage to transport you to the nearest appropriate medical facility to treat your condition.
Covered 24/7 Around the Globe
BookSafe provides an international, around-the-clock hotline with services including weather and travel advisory information; lost luggage and travel document assistance; cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and legal referral assistance; travel arrangement assistance; and medical consultation and monitoring. (Services provided by CareFree Travel Assistance™.)
Travel Protection Enhanced with COVID-19 RELATED COVERAGE
Have less worry, our Standard and Platinum plans have been enhanced to provide COVID-19 related coverage such as:
Up to 100% of your trip cost reimbursement for unused prepaid expenses if you cancel your trip due to COVID-19 diagnosis or if you are required to Quarantine by a Treating Physician or Government Agency.
Up to 150% of your trip cost reimbursement for unused prepaid expenses if your trip ends early due to COVID-19 diagnosis or if you are required to Quarantine by a Treating Physician or Government Agency. In addition, if your Traveling Companion or traveling Family Member is hospitalized, you can receive up to $200 per day for accommodation and transportation expenses.
Sickness Medical Expense
Up to $20,000 reimbursement for costs such as doctor’s visits, prescription medications, hospitalization, transportation, and more.
Up to $25,000 (Standard Plan) and up to $50,000 (Platinum Plan) coverage and for expenses related to emergency medical transportation such as air ambulance, nurse escort, and more, as certified by the Treating Physician. 24/7 Emergency Assistance Services provided by CareFree Travel Assistance™.
Insurance coverages are underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio and non-insurance services are provided by CareFree Travel Assistance™. The benefits provided in this program are subject to certain restrictions and exclusions including the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion. Please read this brochure in its entirety for a complete description of all coverage terms and conditions. Note: Words beginning with capital letters are defined in this text.
LEARN MORE BY CLICKING ON THE LINKS BELOW
Why buy Travel Guard® trip insurance?
With a Travel Guard® travel insurance policy, you'll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We're America's leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we're here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10 Reasons Travel Insurance Is A Pretty Smart Idea
When you travel, things happen. They just do. But we’re here, ready to be a fantastic travel companion day or night, rain or shine. Here are 10 situations that really happen. And when they do, you’ll be quite happy we have your back.
- It’s 10PM. You’ve just landed at the airport to catch your connect home. Your family is tired and wants their own beds. But now, you just found out your flight has been cancelled. This isn’t fun. So, who will find you a flight home?
- You’ve lost your bag. And your bag had your meds. So you need to find your bag ASAP. Who can help you find that bag or refill your emergency prescription?
- Ah, Europe. You’ve waited to take in all the grandeur new and old. But someone not very nice just stole your passport and wallet. Yikes! You need emergency cash. You need a new passport. You need someone who can get things done fast. Who is that someone?
- Uh oh. You’re in an accident and the medical treatment you need is not happening way out there. That means a medical evacuation. Are you going to coordinate all of that alone after you’ve been in an accident?
- Your extended family has been planning the annual reunion for months. But hours before you take off, your sister-in-law gets too sick to go. So everyone decides to cancel. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments? Who can help with reimbursement?
- You arrive in Jamaica, but your luggage doesn't. Who will find it? Who will pay for your travel necessities until you are reunited with your beloved bag? And if it is gone for good (we’re sorry), who will cover all the stuff you just lost?
- The trip sounded amazing, so you booked it. But then your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Yes, it happens. So what about the non-refundable expenses? And who can get you to your destination now?
- You're walking down a historic old street in Rio. It’s amazing. Then suddenly, ouch, you twist your ankle big time. You need a doctor, but not just any doctor. One who preferably understands English. Okay, how will you find this doctor in a city of 6.5 million people?
- A reality is that terror can strike anywhere. Three weeks before your trip, an incident occurs where you are headed. Maybe you still go. Or maybe you decide to cancel your trip. If you do, who is going to get your money back?
- Sun. Sand. Water. There’s nothing like the serenity of a beach resort. Unless a hurricane blows through and spoils the fun. Now, you can’t stay in the resort and need to be evacuated out. Who gets you out? Who reimburses you for the lost beach days?